- 0 kr
Are you ready for .NET 5?
.NET 5 will be released in November, and we have compiled a list of the news we can expect.
Microsoft will release .NET 5 during the .NET Conf 2020, which will take place on November 10-12. .NET 5 is the successor of .NET 3.1, which was released late last year.
What is new for .NET 5?
.NET 5 will bring a lot of exciting new features, such as:
- Uniform platform! .NET 5 is a fusion of all the best from .NET Core, .NET Framework, Xamarin and Mono. Going forward, we will have one platform for everything; from mobile to development in the Cloud.
- C# 9. We see many exciting new features in C# 9, and a few of the highlights are:
- Records, letting us create immutable data objects in a very elegant way
- Improved pattern matching, letting us continue building on the foundation from C# 8
- Top-level programming, letting us write simpler code without namespaces and class declarations.
- Entity Framework core 5 One of the biggest news here is the simplified management of many-to-many relationships.
- Performance! .NET 5 contains several new improvements which give us better performance as well as less resource utilization.
We will of course keep a close eye on the development, and from November, our courses will be upgraded to include parts of .NET 5 and C# 9. Examples of these courses are:
- Beginning C#
- Advanced C#
- C# Master Class
- Beginning ASP.Net Core
- Securing ASP.NET using OpenID Connect and IdentityServer
- IdentityServer in Production
Anything to think about?
You should remember that Microsoft only offer 1 year of support for .NET 5. However, .NET 6, which is planned to be released in November 2021, will have 3 years of LTS (Long Term Support). Do you want to learn more about the news? Take our courses!
Did you know?
We will also offer half and whole day seminars where we go through the new features in .NET 5 & C#8 and C#9. We can give the seminars in house with you or remotely via Zoom. Are you and / or your team interested? Contact us for more information.