- 0 kr
Watch this product and we will notify you once it is back in stock.
- Build fast and robust React applications -
This workshop focuses on two critical but often overlooked aspects of React development - profiling and optimizing component rendering, and handling application failures gracefully.
The workshop is structured as a theoretical review with live code. Note that there will not be room for you as a participant to code, however, you are encouraged to ask questions after each section we go through.
In the first part, you will learn to use the React Profiler tool to measure component execution and discover bottlenecks in your code. You will then apply best practices in optimization to improve your application's performance.
The second part delves into the fine art of catching application errors via React error boundaries - how to implement, and where to place, them in your component tree, acting on non-render failures, as well as retrying and reporting errors.
After this workshop, you will have gained the knowledge to:
- Profile React components with the React DevTools Profiler, interpret flamegraphs and identify non-performant code.
- Use React features (React.memo, useCallback and useMemo) to optimize component rendering.
- Utilize proven techniques for rendering large lists (via libraries such as react-window), avoiding unnecessary rerenders with React Context, and managing component state for optimal performance.
- Implement React error boundaries and related code patterns.
- Use a systematic approach for determining where to situate error boundaries in your application, to achieve high fault tolerance and a more robust user experience.
- Handle errors occurring outside the component render, e.g. in event handlers and the useEffect hook.
- Allow users to retry an action when an error occurs, and enabling error tracking with 3rd party services such as Sentry.
Edument’s foundational React course or equivalent. Basic knowledge of hooks is recommended.