- 0 kr
Watch this product and we will notify you once it is back in stock.
Today we are facing many authentication and authorization challenges regarding designing and developing modern applications. The requirements are more challenging than ever, especially when we need to support everything from mobile and SPA applications to micro-services in the cloud.
OpenID Connect is the de-facto standard that we should use for handling authentication and authorization in modern applications today, but at the same time it can be very confusing with all the various concepts, including: scopes, claims, flows, resources and tokens.
In this course you will learn
- How OAuth and OpenID Connect work in detail
- How to setup your own instance of IdentityServer
- How to secure your ASP.NET Core applications using OpenID Connect and IdentityServer
When we go through these things, we will not just configure various magic libraries; instead we will take a look under the hood of OpenID Connect and IdentityServer to really understand what makes them tick.
ASP.NET Core developers who want to learn how to protect their applications with OpenID Connect using IdentityServer.
Basic knowledge of
- ASP.NET Core (e.g our course Beginning ASP.NET Core)
- C# (LINQ / Lambda…)
- The http(s)-protocol and how the web works in general.
In this course we use Visual Studio 2019, the latest ASP.NET Core 3 and IdentityServer 4.
After you take this course, we highly recommend our course IdentityServer in Production
Topics included are
- OAuth 2.1 / OpenID Connect
- Certificates and HTTPS
- Token Services
- Identity Server 4
- JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- Securing the tokens
- Scopes and claims
- Identity Resources
- API Resources
- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
- Implicit flow
- Authorization Code Flow
- Client Credentials flow
- Web applications
- Mobile applications
- Server to Server communication
- Proof Key for Code Exchange (PKCE)
- ASP.NET Core authentication
- Data Protection API
- OpenID Connect
- JWT Bearer
- ASP.NET Core authorization
- Claims transformation
- And more...
Teacher: Tore Nestenius